21.12.06

John Littledick and other tales

Not feeling fantastic about humanity today after reading the full Richard Littlejohn article for the Daily Mail and all the supporting comments that went with it.

I'm not going to detail it here because both Sparkle*Matrix and Phonelesscord have done so very well, but I am deeply saddened by this.

- In other news -

- over the last two days I have been to a prison, facilitated a drug users group and gone to a shared priorities meeting (to talk about priority offenders in the area with other agencies) and all have been very useful and enlightening. Work feels good...but study feels bad. Got my first mark back which I was really pleased with but now I am totally behind on my next one which has to be in mid-jan, followed by the next one a week later and the next one 3 weeks after that...Grace is going to be very haggered by the end of feb.

- Also, due to the fact that i'm going to Norwich for christmas and coming back on boxing day I can't go to Ipswich for reclaim the night on that friday because I have to come back and write my assignment =( and I really wanted to go and show my support, especially as Dee has family there so I am wondering how this is making them feel as Ipswich residents.

- If there are any RTNs/demos going on in closer areas (i.e. ones that take only about 2 hours to travel to from Brum) I'd really like to get involved.

- I have my posters ready to go up in the Central Library in B'ham to hopefully start some interest in a West Mids feminist group - if you know anyone in the West Mids area, or who can easily travel to Birmingham who isn't closer to another group please tell them this email address: bham.fem@googlemail.com (not trollesque spam).

Right, better wrap some presents, and then go pick Dee up from band practice, and then go to my parents for a shower - HOT WATER STILL NOT FIXED!!

***

Edit: credit for John Littledick to be given to Stormcloud for starting the rearrangement of syllables and dick/john association point.
Also, how SMARMY is this bloke? Just LOOK at his picture on the article link (his name above)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 21/12/06 19:23, Blogger Grace said...

will add links later. Forgot to hyperlink things and dont have time now, but I will!

 
At 21/12/06 20:50, Blogger sparklematrix said...

I used to be a drugs counsellor - yup group therapy can be fun >:/

 
At 21/12/06 23:10, Blogger Grace said...

Links done!

Wow that must have been quite an experience. The drug worker guy at our office is so on the ball with these guys it was so good to be involved.

Gives me a good basis as well.

Shame about all the studying =(

 
At 21/12/06 23:23, Blogger sparklematrix said...

It was an experience - I done it for six years and it opened my eyes to a lot of stuff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home