15.12.06

Book tag

I have been book tagged by Sparkle of Sparkle*Matrix!

The instructions:
Find the nearest book.
Turn to page 123.
Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
Name the book and the author, and tag three more folks.

Right i'm going to do 2 because the nearest book to me right now is not the book i'm reading, but the book i'm reading will be very near to me when I go back to bed in about 10 minutes due to being off sick from work with lurgy!

Closest actual book: Barton, A. (2005) Fragile Moralities and Dangerous Sexualities: Two Centuries of Semi-Penal Institutionalisation for Women. Ashgate: Hampshire

(I picked it up at Bham Uni for an assignment and can you tell i've been writing references lately?)

"She attempted to communicate throughout her case that she would rather be in prison for a good reason." p.123

Book i'm reading right now: Niffenegger, A. (2004) The Time Traveller's Wife. Vintage: London

' "Okay then we'll go to the Orchard." I take her arm, and away we go.' p.123

Oh WOW that was worth it wasn't it! I realise that's technically 2 sentences but I don't care ha ha ha.

Hmmm who shall I tag...? Who would want to be tagged/wouldn't mind?

I'll tag Dom (who can distribute book tagging to the tech-blog masses), Sam (who will no doubt be reading something very interesting) and...Faith as I said I was going to link her and I haven't yet! But I will update my html presently!

1 Comments:

At 15/12/06 20:04, Blogger Astronaut said...

Thanks for tagging me, couldn't have done so at a better time, i am reading a ton of books! Problem is that none of the ones i have neerest to me are 123 pages long, i have a book by illich called deschooling society, a copy of the anarchist newspaper freedom (8 pages) and 40 page pamphlet called aspects of anarchism. I'll check my bag, i have a load of books and zines in there. And i am writing now from the basement, i'll get something randomly from the library. I love how random this thing is, i'll attempt to post in a sec.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home