15.12.06

the good fight

I feel like i've come across a bit harsh about the situation in Ipswich and what is being done about it so I thought i'd leave a little post here.

I am still annoyed about the things that have been in the media that are disrespectful to the victims, and that are potentially feeding the killer(s)'s ego(s) but I do want to stress that I think it is being handled well by the community and police force of Ipswich. There are police from surrounding counties helping and I think that's very important, as well as something like 5,500 calls and 1,000 email from the public with potentially useful information.

I think this involvement of the community is very important. Crimes like this affect the whole community - as people who knew the victims and their families and people who live in fear of it happening to them or someone they know, and I think it's good that they are trying to help.

Even though I know there is still so much potential for the police to get this wrong as they have in the past, i'm going to keep my mind open to the fact that they are doing everything that they can at present and that oversights don't seem to have happened so far. (great grammar...)

I was watching the Sky News reports that they have on Central Trains this morning and they have said that they are testing the victims for drugging as there seems to have been no sign of struggling which I think is a very important step. I also read in the Metro that one of the victims has been confirmed to have been strangled (I had heard the 'Suffolk Strangler' title but wasn't sure if that was as erroneous as 'Ipswich Ripper' which I still maintain is a misnomer given this revelation) - and while it is potentially dangerous to reveal too much about a case in case the killer changes their patterns, or in case copy-cat-killers surface, i think it's better than speculation and sensationalising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home