4.12.06

Gratitude


Okay yes I am a bit obsessed with the music of Ani Difranco...although still not sure about the last album, I guess the Ani of and around my age speaks to me a little more - but still I wouldn't be who I am without her - particularly albums Dilate, Educated Guess, Little Plastic Castle and Evolve, which were the first ones I got and Ani Difranco (debut) which speaks to me as an aspiring musician (being aspiring for like 8 years but never mind). Anyway I wanted to post this section from 'Gratitude' and also link to her poems as posted on Poems with Grace (got to have some continuity):

"...we can sleep here like brother and sister,you said
but you changed the rules
in an hour or two
and i don't know what you

and your sisters do

but please don't

please stop

this is not my obligation

what does my body have to do

with my gratitude?"

from 'Not So Soft' (1991)

and a bit of 'coolest f word ever' poetry - Grand Canyon on PWG

and from a while ago some poetry in italian

I always work to Ani D on random on my ipod...speaking of which Orientation to the Criminal Justice System reading beckons...but I don't wanna go!

i wish my hair looked like that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home